Saturday 28 November 2009

Tim Switzer's article on Regina's Jeff Lumonski - two sport athlete

A return to form
By Tim Switzer, The Leader-Post

University of Regina Cougars' Jeff Lukomski also plays for the Rams football team.
Photograph by: Troy Fleece, Leader-Post, The Leader-Post


Jeff Lukomski is back in the basketball groove.

The 6-foot-0, 195-pound University of Regina Cougars guard, spent most of the fall as a cornerback for the Rams football team.

"My nicks and bruises are finally healed up -- my back, my thumb -- and I'm starting to get that long-distance cardio back," said Lukomski after the Cougars finished their final preparations for tonight's game (8 o'clock) against the Fraser Valley Cascades at the Centre for Kinesiology, Health and Sport. "Those first couple games, I was dragging a little bit. After 20 minutes I was starting to get pretty tired, but the last couple games I played 30-plus minutes and I was feeling pretty good."

...Continue Reading

No comments: